The Hoody 1 is a ceiling speaker hood that increases building safety in the case of a fire. The hood attaches to the back of your ceiling speaker, increasing the fire-protection of the ceiling that is lost with a speaker cutout. This cover fits over any five to seven-inch speaker and decreases sound leaking into the floor above. This hood's fire protection is required in many buildings and is a simple method to increase the safety of your home or workspace.
This ceiling speaker fire hood is simple to install since it just sits over the back of your speaker - the portion that is fitted into your ceiling cutout. In the case of a fire, this precaution is critical because it allows people to escape and, without a speaker fire hood, the fire can rapidly spread to upper floors via the hole in the ceiling. The hood can survive fire for up to 90 minutes and is appropriate for speakers installed in both plasterboard and suspended ceilings.
The Hoody 1 guarantees full conformity with UK building regulations. When installing ceiling speakers, many buildings need protective measures like these, especially on lower levels and in newer structures. When installing ceiling speakers, it is advised that they be fire-proofed using means such as the Hoody 1.
As well as preventing the quick spread of fire, this hood also decreases sound leakage from the back of the speaker into the floor above. This ceiling speaker acoustic hood is especially handy if you want to put speakers in a space under a bedroom or if you have neighbours above you.
- Hood for five to seven-inch ceiling speakers prevents the quick spread of fire and dampens sound leaking upstairs
- The Hoody 1 offers up to ninety minutes of fire protection, stopping flames from spreading upstairs through the ceiling cutout for the speaker
- Reduces the amount of sound that passes into the floor above, making it perfect for usage under bedrooms and upstairs neighbours
- Quick and easy installation over the back of your speaker, discreetly fitting into your ceiling cutout
- Certified to meet all UK noise and fire regulations, including installation in ceilings that give 30 minutes of fire protection