Adastra DM-8 Digital Messaging Unit
This digital messaging unit from Adastra is the perfect device for making announcements in commercial environments, such as warehouses, schools and shops. The DM-8 is capable of automatically playing digital messages, playing background music and being used for live announcements.
With an SD card input, you can pre-record up to 99 messages on an SD card for playback through the DM-8. By using software on your PC, you can schedule each of these messages to be played on specific dates and times, which means that once the SD card is connected this unit will automatically play them repeatedly on the set intervals.
Alternatively, you can record up to 8 messages onto this digital messaging unit directly. With a microphone connected to the XLR input, you can capture your vocals on each of the slots separately and easily access them for playback by pressing the numbered buttons.
Each of these message slots have a corresponding output on the rear of the DM-8 so that you can connect an external switch in order to remotely trigger the message. The switch will need to be wired to the ground (GRD) output and the numbered terminal (e.g. “4”) for remote activation of the selected message.
To ensure your scheduled messages play at the correct time, you can easily reset the DM-8’s date and internal clock, which will be displayed on the illuminated screen.
This professional media player has two connection options for microphones as well as optional phantom power, allowing you to use a condenser microphone without the need for an external power source. Additionally, there is an RCA line-in for connecting audio devices, such as laptops or DVD/CD players, for background music reproduction throughout the venue.
Live announcements and digital message playback will take priority over the background music input to guarantee alerts are clearly heard.
- Record up to 8 messages directly on this digital messaging unit by using a connected microphone
- Prepare up to 99 messages on an SD card for playback
- With PC software you can schedule the messages on the SD card to play on specific days and times
- XLR and screw jack terminal inputs for paging microphones, live announcements and digital messages take priority over any other playback
- Connect a switch to the ground (GRD) terminal and a specific message output to remotely trigger the alert
- RCA input to connect devices, such as a laptop or DVD player, for background music
- 2 year extended warranty